BEFORE YOU SIGN UP…
Before registering with us, it is important to understand what DIBS IS, what it is NOT, and what is required to successfully implement this system into your practice. Please read carefully all of the bullet points below.
- Computer requirements: Windows 10, i5 Pentium or comparable chip, minimum of 8 GB RAM or higher, graphics card with at least 4 GB of built-in memory.
- DIBS AI is NOT compatible with Mac or Windows Server OS. It DOES work on Parallels for your Mac.
- As with all software, DIBS AI is not perfect. You may experience occasional bugs and crashes. If this happens, please report such instances right away as we continue to improve, fix, and advance software.
- DIBS AI is rich in features and functionality. However if there is a particular software feature you are expecting, please don’t hesitate to ask before signing up. We want to avoid any disappointment later if such a feature is not yet integrated into DIBS AI.
- DIBS AI turnaround time for cases is 24 hours for setup and 24 hours for printing. You largely determine the timing by how long it takes to approve cases and selecting your shipping option.
- OrthoSelect technicians are well trained, but they are not orthodontists. If we are doing the initial case setups, it may be necessary for you to spend some additional time adjusting the final placement of the brackets before approving a case.
- Please submit the intraoral scans before or as you submit the patient Rx form. Once both the intraoral scans and the patient Rx form are received, the case is considered ‘received’ and we can start processing.
- High quality intraoral scans are critical. Low quality scans and/or scans out of occlusion will be rejected.
- Because of possible tooth movement, our policy is that no more than 60 days pass from the time you take the intraoral scans to the time you bond that patient.
- Please do not type in “per usual” anywhere on the Rx form. Such cases will not be accepted.
- Do not place bands, appliances on teeth, or extract teeth after taking the intraoral scans. Trays will not fit with these changes and/or the brackets will not bond in the correct position.
- Our default method is to section each tray into halves. This configuration reduces flash while not sacrificing time. If you would like your trays sectioned into thirds, you can do so within the DIBS AI software for sending to OrthoSelect for 3D printing.
- There are several shipping options within the software. From free, all the way to next-day options if needed. Those options and expected arrival dates are displayed upon choosing OrthoSelect for printing in Step 8 of the DIBS AI software.
IN-OFFICE 3D PRINTING
Feel free to skip this section if you do not plan on printing in-office
- At a minimum, OrthoSelect will 3D print your first three cases before switching the process over to you.
- 3D printing indirect transfer trays is difficult. We do have plenty of doctors who are successfully printing, but sometimes it takes several tries before you’re able to dial in the process.
- DIBS AI will share best practices for various printers, resins, curing machines, clean-up, and post processing. Because we are not the manufacturers of these printers, if you need technical support or troubleshooting help beyond our capabilities, we recommend contacting the printer manufacturer.
- You are responsible to verify correct post-processing methods and that proper equipment is used to ensure the printed trays are not distorted or warped due to incorrect post processing techniques.